I’d hoped to finish it by the end of 2012, but it’s a better work since I took more time on the second act before moving forward. There’s still lots of work to do. It really should be 90,000 to 95,000 words, at a maximum, so there’s going to be a lot of editing in my immediate future. Also, by the time I got to “The End” the underlying mystery had changed somewhat, so I’ll need to go back and change a lot of clues to reflect the twist that I didn’t see coming.
I’m not wild about the ending, but I’ll figure out how to improve it as I work through the second draft.
And now I’m off to go buy a pair of celebratory shoes! I think I’ve earned it.